Skirmisher Publishing LLC's The Noble Wild: An Animal Player's Handbook for d20/OGL Role-Playing Games
has been nominated for a 2008 ENnie award in the "Best Adversary/Monster Product" category, which is awarded to a product whose primary focus is monsters or adversaries. Voting for products runs from July 21 through August 3 on the ENnie Awards Website
. The Noble Wild
(176 pages, ISBN 0-9777211-1-6, SKP E 0801) was written by author Lee Garvin, author of the widely-acclaimed Tales from the Floating Vagabond
and the Control
conspiracy role-playing game. It is currently available for download at DriveThruRPG
. While this book normally sells for $17.99, Skirmisher has temporarily made it available for much less in order to get it into people's hands during the ENnies voting period and encourage them to vote for it:
* On DriveThruRPG and RPGNow, the price of the book has been cut by 50%, to just $7.99, for all customers.
* In addition, in the Daywalker Bonus Content section of the Skirmisher Forum
, registered members can access a coupon for a 75% discounted copy of the book, which they can pick up for only $4.49! Registration on the Forum is free and open to anybody. The Noble Wild
introduces comprehensive rules for playing intelligent animals in a wide variety of game settings and situations. It will be popular with everyone from groups that want to try all-animal or mixed animal/humanoid parties, to players who want to expand the options for their animal companions and familiars, to game masters who are looking for interesting and unexpected foes to run against their players.
Features of this "Animal Player's Handbook" include:
* Statistics for more than 60 playable species of noble animal;
* Modifications and additions to existing classes, skills, and feats appropriate to animal characters;
* A new basic character class, the Greater Familiar;
* Eight new Prestige Classes, including the Man-Eater and War Mount;
* Special rules for the use of magic by animal characters;
* Information on running several different sorts of campaigns, along with guidelines for Modern scenarios;
* Deeds, magical abilities acquired by performing heroic actions;
* Rules for several new types of magical treasures, including Fetishes, Jujus, and Spellthralls;
* Hundreds of illustrations by artists that include Dragan Ciric, Sharon Daugherty, Todd Diamond, Phil Kightlinger, Russell Prime, Ryan Rouse, George Sieretski, Geoff Weber, and Kira Woodmansee;
* And more!
Skirmisher puts a lot of time and effort into making its products as great as possible and would be grateful to any of our readers who are willing to take the time to vote for The Noble Wild
! To comment on this story or the release it is about, go to the page dedicated to it on the Skirmisher Forum.