Are your game's Aboleth Mages under-average? Are the Greater Barghest's skill points grimly befuddling? Do you find Retriever Demons to be ridiculously dominant against your PCs? These are just a few of the monsters in the OGL SRD that have errors in their stat blocks, bringing their mistakes into your game.
ENWorld staff reviewer/3.5 rules guru John Cooper and Skirmisher Publishing LLC have stepped up to address these problems with the Cooper's Compendium of Corrected Creatures
series of books. This critical new series of books fixes the problems you didn't even know your monsters had and presents thoroughly revised and corrected stats for the myriad creatures in the v.3.5 SRD.
Skirmisher has just released the first volume in the series, Cooper's Compendium of Corrected Creatures: OGL Monster Stats A - D (Aboleth - Dwarf)
($6.99, SKP E 0908, 134 pages; John Cooper, Shane O'Connor, and the Skirmisher Game Development Group; artist Alejandro Melchor). It is available as a PDF download on several online sales venues, including DriveThruRPG
Features of this book include:
* Corrected stats for all the monsters in the A - D sections of the v.3.5 SRD that address often-overlooked elements like skill synergy bonuses, size modifiers, and shapechanging abilities.
* Stats for a number of official OGL monsters mentioned but not given statistics in the SRD, such as the Hound Archon Hero's Juvenile Bronze Dragon mount.
* Improved organization of material, especially items not listed in the proper order.
* "Coopers Comments" sidebars throughout explaining particular changes and giving guidance on how to effectively reflect them in the game.
* Fully bookmarked and designed to be printer-friendly and easy-to-use.
This book and the series of which it is part are designed to be an invaluable resource for OGL game masters, players, and publishers alike. The three subsequnet volumes are currently in development and scheduled to be released on a monthly basis, in March, April, and May. Cover concepts for the E - K, L - S, and T - Z volumes have been completed and can be viewed here.
Incorporating all official errata as well as corrections for errors that went unnoticed until now, this series of books presents the monsters from the SRD as they should be. Fix up your foes and run a better game with Cooper's Compendium of Corrected Creatures
Skirmisher Publishing LLC
P.O. Box 150006
Alexandria, VA 22153